Sunday, April 12, 2009

-5kg Milestone

I was meant to write this last week but it was a pretty busy week...

I have successfully lost 5kg from my body!! I weigh around 96kg now and it is a noticable amount of loss compared to 2 months ago when I was 101kg.

I was looking at myself in a mirror in an elevator and I could actually see a difference. I was wearing a shirt I havent worn in several weeks and could see that I looked different in it. Mostly in my abdomen and my face the difference in noticeable.

It is a good boost to motivation, more than good, it is hard proof that what I am doing is working and that I am making progress.

Although this a loss of 5kg in 2 months is not as fast as I have done in the past, I think that I did it at a reasonable pace.

You see, I found it was important to keep living life rather than stop all fun and socializing just to focus on my weight loss. Although the results can be good (-1kg per week) That is a bit selfish right? So rather than knuckle down and decline all dinner party invites and other party invites to stick to a strict diet, I chose to occasionally celebrate with friends and break out of the diet rules here and there. A dieting quote I heard being thrown around goes "you can still get 90% of the results if you cheat only 10% of the time"

In the last 2 months in addition to losing the weight, I went out to 3x 5-Star hotel buffet dinners, 1x 5-Star hotel lunch buffet...2 birthday parties (lots of drinking!), 3 long weekend trips out of town with friends (eating and drinking!!), and a few nights out with good friends.

So in the end, I am still able to have a satisfying social life and continue to lose weight on my own =).

I am happy with the result so far considering that my life did not take a huge nosedive into becoming a veggie munching hermit with a gym machine and water bottle as my only friends.

1 comment: