Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Diet

I just made it through my first diet breakfast. 1 poached egg on kraftkorn toast, a massive fuji apple and a can of V8. The apple actually made it a lot more filling than I expected and this turned out quite good....though I suck at poaching eggs.

Snacking between meals, I have a Banana and my yummy David sunflower seeds. Seeds are great unprocessed whole foods and are a good source of the healthy polyunsaturated fats needed for a balanced diet. This should tide me over to my fruit salad lunch.

For dinner....I have instant Pho style noodle soup. Which is basically a salted flavour packet (minus the oil packet), some rice noodles, and random veggies thrown in the mix. I tend to change the flavour up by switching between celery, kangkung, bok choy and chinese cabbage. Also switching the texture by using angel hair style rice noodles vs flat kweitiau style noodles. Also for a bit of protein I add a serving of fish balls.

I find this dinner to be extremely healthy as 1. It contains little fat, 2. High in fibre from the veggies, 3. High in water (as often it is hard to get those 8 glasses a day in right?)

As you can imagine this can get pretty damn bland on a daily basis...so I will break this up by occasionally going out to a sushi place for dinner. Strictly ordering rolls that don't contain tempura prawn or fried chicken. Usually opting to get a fill of salmon...mmmm Omega 3...

And most important of all....if anything starts tasting too bland - just add some chili!! Poached Egg on toast....with chili! Fruit salad....with chili! Noodle Soup...with chili!! Chili is my saviour, and supposedly can help increase your metabolism and lead to better calorie burning...but really I am sure this is due to the sweating and constant breathing in and out "sssssssss ahhhh sssssssssss ahhhh" performed by most chili lovers during consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment