Monday, February 16, 2009

Playing a Game...trying not to lose

I spent the first 10 days of my mission messing around....kind of like the intro sequence of Halo. You know, the bit where you first get handed a gun and if you wanted to you could spend hours shooting and beating up invincible marines as you and your co-op partner race to see who can assassinate the admiral first...hahahaha.
It's a total waste of time which has zero progression to the main storyline. Just the way I blew those first 10 days.

I often think of myself as an living in an RPG (Role Playing Game), especially now with this monitor hooked up to my arm. The calorie counter bar looks strikingly similar to the EXP bar in many RPG games. The calories I have been counting and inputting on my watch every day are kind of like reverse experience points though. The less that I enter during the day, the more I can power up! Of course my overall level is my weight in Kilograms (which tipped under 100 for the first time in ages woohoo!)...golf rules applied of course.

My main quests include shopping for vegetables, signing up for a new gym membership, designing new workouts...and side quests would be repairing the grip tape on my scooter, degreasing my bicycle, or buying a new set of swim goggles.
Cheat codes...that would be hmmm...hiring a personal trainer, liposuction?? I'm never one to cheat at video games but if I do find a superior tactic which is within the rules of the game I would totally spam it.

Lately I have been stuck fighting one of the re-occuring rare enemies- the Early Morning Wakeup. This is a dreadful beast which strikes me just around 5:55am. I think it has sneak ability, because I can just never see it coming! Usually it hits me as soon as I wake up and BOOM I get KOed and stay in bed and skip my morning workout. If I could just find a way to autocast a helpful spell when it starts attacking me...I think I will have a chance to continue on through the rest of this dungeon =)

No comments:

Post a Comment